Friday 8 July 2011

Film Review - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

As always, there are a few crucial moments I would have done differently (I may elaborate once the film's out), but to criticise this film as an adaptation of the final section of the book is to be picky in the extreme. They make enough changes for the film franchise to make sense, with a few surprises (mostly pleasant) for the initiated too. Whilst we've all been waiting to see The Battle of Hogwarts, the film-makers have decided that the story is the most important part, and does take priority over the spectacle. For that, they are to be commended, so a lot of the action is off-screen (or background). As for the cast, they've matured nicely, the surprise stand-out being Matthew Lewis as Neville, and the no-surprise stand-out being Alan Rickman's Snape (although Maggie Smith does get to upstage him at one point!). I laughed, I cried, I stamped my feet with excitement, and I can't wait to do it all again next weekend. Oh, and the 3D conversion has proven to be a complete waste of time and money. Not one moment requires it, and there are several mis-shapen faces that require its absence. Even that can't spoil this awesome movie, but save your money, see it in 2D.

No comments:

Post a Comment