Sunday 26 January 2014

Film Review - Inside Llewyn Davis



Ah, The Coen Brothers. To most critics and self-proclaimed movie "buffs", the phrase is music to their ears. To me, it means I'm about to get a film that is initially compelling, and then either rambles to the point of lost interest, shooting off on a random surreal tangent, or that will simply end long before the story is anywhere near a conclusion. Well, this one ends before the story has even started. It looks gorgeous, the performances are fine, the music is great and the characters are not uninteresting, although very unexplored. However, the main character becomes increasingly unlikeable and therefore less sympathetic; and nothing actually happens. I don't have an issue with movies that just give you a snapshot in time, as long as I've come away feeling like I've experienced something. With this one, I didn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment