Saturday 7 January 2012

Film Review - Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Basically more of a rehash of (rather than a sequel to) the over-rated 2009 film, I was unsure as to how I felt about the original and this has nicely cleared up matters.
I'm finding the Holmes/Watson relationship irritatingly smug (in a George Clooney/Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11 kind of way), and the oneupmanship between them (and again with Irene Adler) is extreme to the point where it actually doesn't make any sense. Considering these are people who supposedly have affection for each other, they seem more than happy to put each other in life-threatening situations. But of a laugh, innit? Well, no. It's repetitive, tedious, and complete bollocks.
Guy Ritchie's visual style is getting rather tired now. Sherlock, the supposed sleuth, spends far more time shooting and fighting in slow motion than he does doing any kind of actual sleuthing.
I'm as bored writing about it as I was watching it. I'm done. If there's a third one, I won't be attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment